If you’re looking for a beautiful, unique outdoor wedding venue, then a Japanese garden could be a great choice. Japanese gardens have a harmonious, balanced, and peaceful feel and vibe. They’re also well manicured and usually provide plenty of beautiful backdrops for your wedding photos. There are many different gardens around the country that offer stunning settings for your special day. Here are just a few of the best ones to check out.
What is a Japanese Garden?
Japanese gardens are characterized by their simplicity, naturalness, and distinctiveness within the overall landscape. In a Japanese garden, you will find elements such as water, stone, plants, and sand arranged in a way that is aesthetically pleasing and that also encourages contemplation. Japanese gardens often incorporate features such as ponds, streams, bridges, and waterfall to create a sense of harmony with the natural world. The use of rocks and stones is also common in Japanese gardens, as they are thought to represent stability and permanence. Plants play an important role in Japanese gardens as well, with species such as bamboo, pine, and plum trees being particularly popular. Ultimately, Japanese gardens are designed to offer a place of peace and reflection where one can appreciate the beauty of nature.
With its lush greenery, tranquil koi ponds, and elegant bridges, the Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden is a truly magical place that is perfect for weddings. Nestled in the heart of Long Beach, CA, this hidden gem provides a serene oasis for you and your guests to enjoy on your special day. Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or a large affair, the Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden is sure to make your wedding day unforgettable.
The Japanese Friendship Garden is a beautiful and unique setting for your wedding day. The tranquil gardens and koi pond create a perfect backdrop for your ceremony, while the reception hall offers ample space for dinner and dancing. The staff are professional and attentive, and they will work with you to ensure that your wedding day is everything you dreamed it would be. If you’re looking for a stunning venue in San Diego, CA, the Japanese Friendship Garden should be at the top of your list.
The Hakone Estate and Gardens Wedding in Saratoga, CA is the perfect wedding venue for couples who want a beautiful outdoor setting with plenty of gardens to take photos in. The estate has a long history dating back to the early 1900s, which makes it a unique and romantic location for weddings. Plus, there are plenty of rental options available so you can customize your wedding day to make it exactly what you’ve always dreamed of. If you’re looking for a picture-perfect setting for your big day, look no further than the Hakone Estate and Gardens Wedding in Saratoga, CA.
The Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden is a beautiful and unique setting for your wedding ceremony, reception, or both. The seven-acre garden features a koi pond, bridge, waterfall, and many varieties of plants and trees. You and your guests will enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and stunning scenery. The gardens are open to the public from 9:00am to 4:30pm daily, making it convenient for out-of-town guests to visit before or after your event. For more information about renting the space for your wedding, please visit the Pasadena Convention & Visitors Bureau website.
If you’re looking for a perfect place to have an intimate wedding, the Japanese Garden: Suiho En in Van Nuys, CA is a great option. With beautiful gardens and ponds, it’s the perfect setting for a romantic outdoor ceremony. And because it’s centrally located in Los Angeles, it’s easy to get to from anywhere in the city. If you’re looking for a unique and special place to celebrate your big day, the Japanese Garden: Suiho En should be at the top of your list!
Other Japanese Garden Wedding Venues
There is no doubt that a Japanese garden wedding provides a unique and picturesque backdrop for your big day. If you are considering a Japanese garden wedding venue, here are some other popular locations to consider. Each of these venues offers something special and distinct, so be sure to do your research to find the right one for you!
- The Portland Japanese Garden in Oregon is an incredibly popular destination for weddings. It features twelve different gardens, all with their own unique charm and style. This venue also has a tea house where ceremonies can be held.
- The Atlanta Botanical Garden is home to the Shingle Creek Gardens, which was designed by world-renowned artist Takeo Shiota. This garden is said to represent the journey from birth to death, making it the perfect place for couples who want an intimate and symbolic ceremony.
- The Missouri Botanical Garden in St Louis offers several amazing options for couples looking for a Japanese garden wedding venue. One of their gardens, called Shoen Zen Garden, was actually designed by renowned gardener Toshio Kawamoto. It features traditional zen elements like gravel walkways and raked sand gardens.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden’s Steinhardt Conservatory Building – If you’re looking for a grandiose setting for your Japanese garden wedding, look no further than the Brooklyn Botanic Garden’s Steinhardt Conservatory Building. This dramatic glass building houses two large indoor gardens – the Palm House and the Cherry Blossom Court – that provide an exquisite backdrop for your big day photos!
- Hammond Museum & Japanese Stroll Gardens is also a beautiful garden to consider.
- Memphis Botanic Gardens – The Memphis Botanic Gardens are a group of gardens located in Memphis, Tennessee. The gardens include a Japanese garden, an herb garden, a rose garden, and a children’s garden. The gardens are open to the public and host a variety of events throughout the year. The Memphis Botanic Gardens also offer classes and programs on gardening and horticulture. The gardens are a great place to learn about plants and gardening, and they provide a beautiful setting for spending time outdoors.
- Japanese Cultural Center in Detroit – The Japanese Cultural Center in Detroit (JCCD) is a unique non-profit organization that promotes cultural exchange and understanding between the people of Japan and the people of the Detroit metropolitan area. The JCCD was founded in 1949 by a group of Japanese-American businessmen who wanted to provide a place for the local Japanese community to gather and share their culture with others. In addition to hosting cultural events and workshops, the JCCD also operates a museum and library that are open to the public. The JCCD is committed to fostering cross-cultural understanding and cooperation, and its programs have helped to bridge the gap between the people of Japan and the people of Detroit.
- Fort Worth Botanic Garden in Dallas – The Fort Worth Botanic Garden is the oldest and largest botanic garden in Texas. Founded in 1934, the garden covers 109 acres and features more than 2,500 species of plants. The garden’s collections include a rose garden, an iris garden, and a cactus garden. The Fort Worth Botanic Garden is also home to the Fort Worth Japanese Garden, which is one of the largest Japanese gardens in the United States. In addition to its many gardens, the Fort Worth Botanic Garden also offers classes and programs for all ages. Visitors can take classes on topics such as gardening, horticulture, and plant identification. The garden also offers a variety of special events throughout the year, making it a truly unique place to visit.
If you’re looking for a unique and breathtaking setting for your wedding day, then look no further than a Japanese garden. With its stunning natural scenery, serene atmosphere and rich history, a Japanese garden makes the perfect backdrop for your special day. So if you’re searching for somewhere truly magical to Exchange your vows, be sure to consider a Japanese garden as your dream wedding venue.
Have any Recommendations?
Please contact us if you think we’re missing any Japanese garden wedding locations that should be on this list!
Is your business featured in this article?
Copy the code below and place it on your site to display the badge on your website.
<a target="_blank" href="https://weddingmaps.com/japanese-garden-wedding-venues-to-consider-for-your-big-day/"><img width="250px" height="250px" src="https://cloudfront.weddingmaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/wedding-maps-editors-choice-2-1.png"></a>